Sunday, April 22, 2012

 





 The inspiration for the style of my cloister came from the Abbey of St. Pierre in Moissac, France. I found this cloister through the Paradox Place (cited below) which is a website that has all sorts of pictures and information on many things Medieval. I plan on using the double Roman columns and some of the designs from the capitals. Although I am going to use brick on the base it will be grey and not red brick. I suggest that anyone check out this website. It also has a ton of pictures and layouts of other medieval cloisters. The site was helpful in deciding in general what a medieval cloister should look like.

           "The Cloisters of the Abbaye St-Pierre De Moissac." Adrian Fletcher Travels Renaissance & Medieval Italy, France, Spain and Britain 1,000 Pages Packed with Outstanding Photos, Stories, Books, Insights, Food, Restaurants and Travel Tips. Web. 22 Apr. 2012. <http://paradoxplace.com/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment