Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cloister Materials

So I went to a Home Depot to begin pricing materials for my project. I wandered around the store for a while. I somehow wound up at the pro desk which was a blessing. The lady that helped me works with contractors to help them find the materials they need to build houses. She was extremely helpful in finding me the materials I needed and giving me several options for each material. I was able to price most of the materials I will need. She even suggested materials that I had not thought about or that would be useful. I put a list together. The one I am publishing is much less extensive than the one I made, but it is a good outline:
Base:
Mason Mix (Quikrete- Type S) 80lb bag, Rapid set cement all, Builders Edge Painted Head Metal Screws 12-PackeachShare this product, Rebar 1/2”x1’, Regular Block 8”x8”x 16”, Brick 8’x4’x16”, ½” x 4’ x 8’ Rtd Sheathing Pressure-Treated Plywood
Posts:
Round fence post 6” (diameter) x 12’ (Posts not from Home Depot), Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 12 oz. Textured Spray Paint
Arches:
½” x 4’ x 8’ Rtd Sheathing Pressure-Treated Plywood, 2 x 4 x 12 Prime Pressure-Treated Lumber, Share this product 2” Flat Wood Screw 50 Pieces, ¾” Flat Wood Screw 100 Pieces, Share this productShare this productRust-Oleum (Krylon?)Stops Rust 12 oz. Textured Spray Paint, Styrofoam
Capitals:
Styrofoam, Hardware cloth ¼” mesh, 4’x5’, Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 12 oz. Textured Spray Paint
Plants:
Roses, Grapes, Pots, Soil
After putting together this list I am confident that the amount to ask from facilities will be pretty conservative and acceptable. A few quick things to note about Home Depot that I found out: they deliver for a low flat rate (depending on the store), the store I went to only does straight cuts on boards, and this particular store will allow me to return any extra brick. So if anyone out there is thinking of a building project these might be some important pieces of information to find out about your construction material supplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment