Sunday, January 22, 2012

I am a student at Loyola University Chicago. This semester I will be working on a project through the Medieval Studies Department as a history internship. My project is to build a concept model of a medieval cloister in and around the Medieval Garden on campus. First I have to write a prospectus and present it to Facilities to see if I can get permission to build this structure. When the snow decides to melt I should be able to go ahead and build the cloister.
The Medieval Garden is a project that has been going on for a while. It contains several beds of flowers and herbs that are similar to what would have been found in an actual medieval garden. A cloister is a building that would have accompanied a medieval garden, it will serve to beautify the campus, and it is pertinent to the Catholic history and heritage of Loyola University.

No comments:

Post a Comment